Introducting the Transformational Ministry Initiative
The 2017 Love INC Spring Fundraising Dinner was held at the Covenant Church of God on May 5, 2017 and introduced a new initiative for Love INC in Charlottesville/Albemarle called Transformational Ministry. The community joined us for an evening of information and inspiration, including personal testimonies of lives transformed through this ministry. What is Transformational Ministry?
* Affirms the potential of those we serve to transform their lives.
* Treats those in need with dignity, as creations of God, valuable in His sight.
* Builds nurturing and empowering relationships with those in chronic need.
* Provides classes and training to equip people with the tools they need to make lasting changes in their lives.
* Includes those in need in finding lasting solutions to their real needs instead of meeting their temporary perceived need.
* Develops trust that will include them in the solution of their need.
* Organizes and equips church members to walk alongside (Mentor) people in need.